Saturday 24 June 2017

The Sound Of The Music

Hello, I hope you are all well? I haven't posted in a while, You're probably wondering where I have been? Well, My laptop broke! Yup! No fun! but thankfully my brother had my old laptop and I managed to fix it! Hooray! Hopefully I can write more blogs again I've missed it! But anyway! I wanted to write today's Blog post about the 1965 film The Sound Of Music, I recently watched it for the first time! I know I know! I'm 24 and I've only now just discovered it! Crazy right?! Well I LOVE it! I've watched it 3 times in one week..... Yeah I have a problem! eek. haha It is simply the best film that has ever been made, The music, The characters, and the beautiful scenery! It's simply perfect!




My favorite song has to be Do-Re-Mi but My favorite Things is a close second! What is yours? All the songs however are catchy and are sure to make you smile! I learned some facts about the film recently as I was reading about the film. They are as follows:

1.) Julie Andrews Nearly Turned down the role due to it's similarity To Mary Poppins.
2.) The real Maria Von Trapp has a cameo In the film.
3.) Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer both had to learn to play guitar for the film.
4.) Julie Andrews tripped when filming 'I Have Confidence' scene, The famous scene when Maria trips after she walks through the gates is accidental but the director liked it so much and thought it added character So kept it in.



My favorite Scene is probably When Maria and The Captain dance together and you see them falling in love! That's such a powerful scene, The chemistry between the two is very strong which makes the scene so much better! I love when The Captain smirks when he sees Maria blush that to me was so sweet!



Another scene I love is the sixteen going on seventeen, With Liesl and Rolf am I the only one that wishes they had got together in the end? I did love the scene! I think it was a very cute. That Gazebo had a lot of romance didn't it?


One day hopefully I'll get to go on The Sound Of Music Tour! But until then I can dream right? I hope you all enjoyed this blog! What do you love about this film? Who's your favorite character/song? Let me know in the comments below and I'll see you all next Saturday! 😃


6 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this film. Past all the musical numbers and sweet love story, there is a real political message and historical significance to the subject matter of the film. Forced acceptance of a political regime, separation of families, fleeing Totalitarianism, and the strife that it put sooooo many families through... There are some real lessons to learn here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There sure is! Thank you for reading and commenting :)

      Delete
  2. I love this film, I have been to Austria and to where they filmed it, it is a beautiful place. I have even stood on a hill and sang the title song, just for the experience

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jealous! I'm sure you loved it! I think i'd do the same find a hill and sing that song.. It's a must right?!

      Delete
  3. Victoria, I hope one day you get to see it on the big screen in the Todd-AO format it was filmed in. It is HUGE and you can see Julie's nose hairs--it is so big. Course it is hard to find that size of screen today. But in 1965 they were all over. I think we only have one that size left in my state.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Haha maybe one day i'll get to see on a big screen like that sounds cool :)

      Delete